In today’s blog post, let’s learn how to quickly cancel a posted sales invoice. Many times in business, there’s high chance that an invoice is created inadvertently or with the wrong amounts. Business Central allows you to quickly cancel a posted sales invoice. It lets you do the process without having to manually first create a credit memo and then apply the credit memo to the posted sales invoice to completely offset it. So, let’s get started.
Steps to Reverse a Posted Sales Invoice:
- Firstly, consider you posted a sales invoice for a customer. But, you quickly realize that this invoice was created incorrectly.
- So now, you can navigate to the Posted Sales Invoice list view. Then, highlight or select the corresponding sales invoice that you want to reverse.
3. Now, right-click on the ellipse button to open a drop-down menu option and select “Cancel”.
4. By selecting this function, the system will give a dialog box. It prompts if you are 100% sure about carrying on with reversing this Posted Sales Invoice. You can spot in the example that the selected current remaining amount on this particular Posted Sales Invoice is $1800.
5. Once you select “OK” to reverse the appropriate sales invoice, the system prompts you again. Now, the message is if you want to review the auto-created and posted credit memo.
6. Now, back on the Posted Sales Invoice list view. You can see from the image, the invoice that had to be canceled is completely closed with the remaining amount of $0.00 and there is a “Yes” value under the Cancel column.
Use Business Central to Track Your Sales Correctly!
And that’s it! It’s really that simple. Business Central will allow users to quickly reverse any posted sales invoice without having to jump through hoops to complete a simple transaction. The system will also create the related reversal journal entries to fully reverse the sales and receivables for the original sales invoice transaction.